I love to workout out, sorry, but I’m that annoying person that really does, most of the time, LOVE working out!
I LOVE setting new lifting goals and then crushing them!
I LOVE finishing a run after I thought about quitting 100 times.
I LOVE finishing a run faster then I had the time before!
I LOVE seeing what my body can do and then making it do more!!
I LOVE when, in spin, Gina says: you know you should be doing more.. and I laugh and turn up the resistance.
I am a believer that you are one workout away from being in a better mood. So, yea, sweating, lifting, spinning, and working out is not my Achilles heal when it comes to being healthy… It is the food! I have a million excuses as to why I should eat junk.
I will give you my easiest reasons to not eat right via my brain:
1. I did not plan my meals; therefore, I should eat pizza.
2. I am so tired from taking care of kids all day that I cannot even heat up my meals; therefore, I should eat pizza.
3. I am bored of eating the same things; therefore, I should eat pizza.
4. One meal of pizza is not going to make me gain all 100lbs back; therefore, I should eat pizza. (Yes, this is true, BUT the reasoning to eat junk should not be because I will not gain 100lbs overnight.)
5. I can run it off tomorrow; therefore, I should eat pizza.
6. I can eat less tomorrow; therefore, I should eat pizza.
7. It’s game day ,so, therefore, I should eat pizza.
To sum it up, I will try most days to figure out how to eat pizza and still hit my health goals. Sigh. If only that were possible. I am not going to say that I win every mental battle, because I do not. Usually, once a week, I have a whatever-I-want meal and shockingly, it is usually pizza.
Some days are long I am a stay-at-home-mom whose husband travels and eating pizza and/or Chinese food after a day of parenting a 2 and 4 year old just is easier. But, hey, most things in life worth having aren’t easy.
So, I meal plan/prep. Here is what a day looks like from my food book.
Disclaimer: I eat pretty much the same things all week with the exception of dinners. I will often put one day of food into MyFitnessPal to make sure I am where I want to be.
My little journal is usually marked all up by the end of the week. Dinners change all the time with my husband’s schedule, or I think we will have leftovers and we do not, or the opposite happens and we have a lot of something left. I plan everything, but I understand that it can and will probably change. The good thing is that when you plan all healthy things to eat you’re good when you have to change things around.
I normally plan all my food for the week on Sunday. I like to shop and get my lunches made on Sunday but sometimes that doesn’t happen until Monday. I am at home, so I don’t usually prep my snacks. By prep, I mean I actually will make my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners in advance.
I make snacks as needed. I do not follow any type of “diet” really. What I eat aligns with my goals at that time. I try to eat non-processed foods and I eat lean proteins and a lot of veggies. The food budget at our house is TIGHT, and I can’t say : sorry, kids, y’all have no snacks but Momma has her lean bison. So I have become somewhat of a food prep wizard (sidenote: I think that Hogwarts should have sent me my letter for the task of meal planning on a budget, but, alas, they did not).
Anyway, I try to feed us dinners that we can all eat or I can at least eat parts of. For example, the other night I made turkey burgers for everyone for dinner. The boys had theirs on a bun with sweet potato fries. I had mine with no bun, lettuce, and fries. Same meal + different versions = less work for me.
Below are a few of my favorite places around the internet to find recipes that the whole family will eat. What are some of y’alls go-to sites or meals?
- I go here to find ways to make all the recipe starter things from scratch like: cream of mushroom, taco seasoning, mac and cheese that is not from a box.
- This is sort of a new find for me and I am obsessed with this site and doing a meatless meal once a week.
- I pull a lot of lunch ideas for the boys from here.
Also, I follow some GREAT Instagram accounts for food ideas.
Go follow me (fitnessfridays23) and then check out all the cool people I follow.
My disclaimer: I am not a professional/expert anything. These posts are just me sharing cool fitness stuff with you because I like fitness. Please consult a doctor or dietitian before starting anything.